The one-year certificate, or the four-year advanced diploma is awarded to those completing the requirements outlined below:
- Completion of 30 hours of academic course work for the Certificate or 126 to 135 hours for the four-year Advanced Diplomas. At least 30 hours of the total must be taken at Penn View Bible Institute. Consult the individual program descriptions.
- Completion of all course requirements of the particular program of study, including any required internships, music organization course work, and student teaching.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (C). The Christian Education program requires an overall average of 2.75 and 3.0 in the major subjects.
- Recommendation of the Institute faculty.
In addition to these general requirements, there may be other specific program requirements. Ultimately it is the student’s responsibility to see that he has completed all requirements, including course requirements for graduation. A student planning to graduate should file an application (available from the Academic Dean’s office) during the first semester of the year in which he plans to graduate.
The school account must be paid before the student may graduate. The school account must be paid and all courses completed before the diploma will be given. If a graduate returns for a second program, he must take at least 30 additional hours.
Each year a valedictorian and salutatorian are selected from the graduating class to be recognized as having achieved the highest and second highest level of scholarship respectively among their classmates. The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) for the entire four year program,
- Be enrolled in one of the four year advanced diploma programs,
- Be a student at Penn View Bible Institute for the last two years of training,
- Be a full-time student for both semesters of the senior year. Exception is made if the student is still finishing a four-year program in four years.
- Plan to participate in commencement exercises,
- Exhibit character consistent with Christian scholarship.
A graduate of the 4-year program who returns to take another program is not eligible for graduation honors unless he has taken 42 hours additional work toward another advanced diploma.